A Boudoir Photoshoot provides women a unique self-affirming experience that helps them to embrace their self and their confidence. A Boudoir Photography Session could be a great choice for you if you’re wanting to try something fun, uplifting, and exciting! Who wouldn’t want to spend some time getting pampered, dressed up, and having fun?
A Million Monarchs Boudoir Studio is here to guide you through the entire process, but you might have some questions before your session. Just to help you feel more prepared and confident before your session, here is a guide to things you should or shouldn’t do before a Boudoir Session!
What Should I Do Before a Boudoir Photography Session?
First of all, congratulations! If you’re here researching your boudoir session, you have or are just about to take the first step: saying yes! The first step can be the hardest, but this leap of faith in yourself will be so rewarding.
If you’re not sure about the best way to prepare for your Boudoir Session, we’re here to help! Boudoir Photography is about embracing yourself and feeling your best. To help you prepare for a Boudoir Session, here are 5 things you should do!
- Research the Best Boudoir Studio Near You! Boudoir Photography is such an exciting and empowering experience and you want to make sure you have a team that is a good fit for you. Tips for finding a Boudoir Studio is to look for an experienced photographer that makes you feel welcomed and comfortable and has positive client feedback.
- Find Wardrobe Pieces That You Love! After you find a Studio that you book with, you’ll want to go shopping for the session! There are so many options out there, but the main goal is to find lingerie pieces that you feel comfortable and confident in. You only need a few pieces you love! Fun pieces that show off personality and style are always great, especially for the theme or style you’re wanting. You can always incorporate simplistic and versatile pieces for a timeless or dramatic look. Most Boudoir Studies also have a client closet for you to access and play with, so if you want more options, they can help you find the style you’re wanting.
- What To Know About Grooming Before Your Session. You may have questions about the best way to prepare your body for your Boudoir Session. Whatever makes you feel your best is the way to go! Shaving and waxing are great options, but you’ll need to factor in the timing. For waxing, you want to plan on getting it done approximately 3-5 days before the session. This gives your skin time to not have a rash after a waxing service. It’s important to know that everyone has different preferences and however you come, you will still have an amazing experience as long as you’re comfortable!
- Pamper Yourself! This is an experience that is all about YOU! We’re here to pamper you the day of with professional hair and makeup services, but on days leading up to your Boudoir Session, you could get your nails done, do your favorite facemask, or get your hair cut or colored! The night before your session make sure to relax, hydrate your skin with lotion, and get plenty of rest.
- Enjoy The Experience Bouidor Photography Brings! Feeling excited and nervous are completely normal and Professional Boudoir Studios will help you throughout the entire process. Your boudoir team will be there for you to answer any questions, help prep and spoil you, provide expert posing and tips, and help you pick your favorite photographs and custom order them for you. We promise you’ll love it every step of the way!
What To Not Do Before a Boudoir Session
If you have nervous butterflies about a Boudoir Photography session, don’t worry! You certainly are not alone. Boudoir is meant to push you outside of your comfort zone and routine to experience a freeing, memorable and exciting experience.
We’re here to guide you through your journey with our 5 recommendations of what NOT to do before your Boudoir Photography Session!
- Don’t Wait For The “Right” Time! You are magazine worthy! Every woman, regardless of her age (18+), weight, race, or any other circumstance, is deserving of an ultimate confidence-boosting experience. This entire experience is designed as a unique opportunity to show that you are made for more and that you are beautiful in the season that you are in. We’ll meet you right where you are!
- Don’t Alter Your Appearance! We believe in celebrating the foundation of your individual beauty. While you can prep your body by hydrating your skin, new nails, or makeup, avoid any attempts to alter your appearance such as a fake tan, dieting for weight loss, or a haircut without time to fix if you happen to not like it.
- Don’t Switch Up Your Routine! Stick to your usual routine, especially skincare! Skin can react adversely to facials or a new routine, so stick to what you know and love that works for you.
- Don’t Get Sunburnt! It’s important to always use sunscreen when in the sun, but a sunburn will make your skin uncomfortable. Especially during a boudoir session, common lingerie fabrics such as lace may irritate your skin if it’s sunburnt.
- Don’t Stress or Overthink! Boudoir Photography is supposed to be fun! Don’t let anything take away from the purpose of your Bouidor Journey, which is to empower yourself, have fun, and make memories! You are worthy of this experience and to see yourself in a new light!
Professional Boudoir Photography Near Me
Take on the adventure of Boudoir and celebrate your journey with a Million Monarchs! We are Professional Boudoir Photography Studio with headquarters in Massena, NY.
Our studio is relaxing and comfortable that features a Dark Glamour design style and sophisticated furnishings. Our entire all-female team is dedicated to helping you break out of your cocoon and celebrate the journey of your Monarch Transformation. We’re here to hold your hand through the entire journey!
Experience the Best Luxury Boudoir Photography Studio in Massena, NY at A Million Monarchs! Contact us today for more information.